Relationships, Sex and Health Education (RSHE)
An important part of the Jigsaw PSHE programme is delivered through the ‘Relationships’ and ‘Changing Me’ puzzle pieces which are covered in the Summer Term.
The aims of Relationships, Sex and Health Education (RSHE) at our school are:
• To enable children to understand and respect their bodies and be able to cope with the changes puberty brings
• To help children develop positive and healthy relationships, appropriate to their age and development
• To support children to have positive self-esteem and body image
• To empower them to be safe and safeguarded
• To provide a framework in which sensitive discussions can take place
Each year group will be taught appropriate to their age and developmental stage.
A presentation for Parents/Carers was held in November 2021 to consult with parents regarding the changes as per the DfE Guidance 2020.